Whether NoRedInk is new to your team or an established instructional tool, administrators' support is key as teachers use NoRedInk to improve writing outcomes for all students. Here are some highly-effective practices principals, assistant principals, and coaches use to help teachers deliver outstanding writing instruction with NoRedInk.
Leverage NoRedInk data to understand instruction
Build a campus-wide support system
- Learn about NoRedInk activities and how teachers use them with our self-guided NoRedInk Best Practices for Administrators training.
- Bring other instructional leaders on-board. Equip instructional technology specialists, media specialists, and instructional coaches with the foundational knowledge they need to support your teachers with NoRedInk.
Encourage teachers to participate in NoRedInk professional development
- Teachers who attend live or virtual NoRedInk training assign twice as much writing as those who don't.
- Ongoing professional learning keeps teachers and school leaders up-to-date on NoRedInk's latest features and implementation best practices. Even the most experienced NoRedInk users will discover new content and strategies to build students writing skills!
- Self-paced training is available for all Premium users on our Training page. Encourage teachers to work through a module together at a department meeting and use what they learn to plan their next lessons!
Build teacher-leadership capacity through collaboration
- Using your Premium Report, find the teachers who are assigning writing and practice activities consistently. Invite these teachers to share a NoRedInk strategy they love or lead a short mock lesson using a NoRedInk activity at your next department or PLC meeting.
- Facilitate collaborative and reflective team meetings using our PLC Discussion Guide.
Want to learn more? Head to our Training page to check out the NoRedInk Certified Administrator Program!