Each summer, your classes will automatically be archived to get your account ready for the new school year. This ensures that you don't have a cluttered dashboard and that your experience using the site runs smoothly. Your data is not deleted, and you can always unarchive your classes at any time.
Additionally, we reset student mastery levels before each school year so that students and teachers can begin with a clean slate.
We typically archive classes and reset mastery on the last Saturday of July each year, but we will always announce the exact date in this article, in an email announcement, and on your NoRedInk dashboard.
Summer 2020 schedule
In 2020, your classes will automatically be archived at the end of the day on July 26th, 2020 unless you opt out for all or some of your classes.
❗️Note: Opting out of automatic archiving means that your classes will stay active, just as you see them now. You can choose to manually archive courses later.
For those teaching over the summer or getting a head start for the new school year, we won't archive your course if it was created after June 20th, 2020.
On July 26th, 2020, NoRedInk will also reset all student Mastery scores to 0. This means that students will have a fresh start on all topics, even ones they’ve previously practiced. This will not affect students’ scores on assignments; all the grades shown on the "Student Data" page (gradebook) will remain the same.
How can I opt out of automatic class archiving?
- To opt out of automatic archiving for all of your classes, refer to the alert on your NoRedInk homepage. The alert will show your automatic archive date, and your classes will be labeled with the automatic archive date as a reminder.
- If you prefer to opt out for only some of your classes, click your name in the upper-right of the page, then click "Manage Classes." Opting out of automatic archiving means that your classes will stay live, just as you see them now. Opting out of automatic archive does not cause any of your data to be deleted.
- Select the class you would like to prevent from being automatically archived, then uncheck the box for automatic archiving.
How can I unarchive a class after it's been archived?
1. Click your name in the upper-right of the page, then click "Manage Classes."
2. Click "View archive."
3. To unarchive your course, select "Unarchive class."
What does mastery reset mean for students?
Students will be able to see which topics they’ve mastered during the previous school year by clicking on the "Learn" link at the top of their screen. All previously mastered Topics will have a green star next to them. Students will still need to master that content again if it is assigned by a teacher this year.
Note: Students' Topics Mastered: All Time will remain unchanged and will not reset to 0, as shown below. 👇
What does mastery reset mean for teachers?
Teachers can assign any NoRedInk content to students without worrying about whether students have mastered it in previous years.
Teachers can also see student Mastery data from the previous year for any particular Pathway or Topic.
Viewing past Mastery data
- Click on “Student Data” in the upper left-hand corner of your screen.
- Click on the “Mastery” tab.
- Click on the Pathway for which you would like to see data from the previous year.
- Click on “View Last Year’s Data” in the upper right.