Passage Quizzes allow students to practice their skills in the context of a high-interest, multi-paragraph passage. Each Passage Quiz prompts students to evaluate and correct a 3-5 paragraph text.
NoRedInk automatically saves students' progress on Passage Quizzes as students work. Once a student submits an answer, the answer is saved before they see the next question. As long the assignment is not past due or allows late work, they will continue to have access to the assignment on their Home page.
There are two types of passages:
- Passage Quizzes, which review a specific set of skills (such as verb tense)
- ACT and SAT Passage Quizzes, which include a variety of highly-tested language skills in one assignment.
To create a Passage Quiz, follow these steps:
- Head to our Assignment Library by selecting "Browse &Assign" at the top of your screen and then choose "Assessment."
- Select the Passage Quiz activity.
- Choose a category to browse by writing and grammar topics.
You can use the search bar to look for specific topics or filter topics by recommended grade level.
- Preview and select a passage you want to assign. Tap the arrow icon to assign it.
- On the final page, you'll be able to choose the following:
- Which class(es) you want to receive the assignment
- Set a start and due date
- Create a name for the assignment
Expand the drop-down "Choose Students" to view student names. You can either assign to the whole class by checking the box next to your class name or select individual student names from the class list.
- When you're finished, press "Assign."
Once you create an assignment, you will be able to add new students that join your class to existing assignments but won't be able to unselect students that have already been assigned.
Ready to assign? Let's create a Passage Quiz!