NoRedInk Practice allows students to master writing and grammar skills they can apply in their writing. During Practice, students answer questions that target specific grammar and writing skills (topics).
NoRedInk automatically saves students' progress on Practice assignments as students work. Once a student submits an answer, the answer is saved before they see the next question. As long the assignment is not past due or allows late work, they will continue to have access to the assignment on their Home page.
Questions are adaptive and designed to get harder or easier based on student performance.
To create a Practice assignment, follow these steps:
- Head to our Assignment Library by selecting "Browse & Assign" at the top of your screen and choosing Practice.
- Choose a category to browse writing and grammar topics.
You can use the search bar to look for specific topics or filter topics by recommended grade level.
- Select the topics that you want to include in the assignment. Then, press "Assign Practice" when you're done.
We recommend assigning no more than 2-4 topics per Practice assignment per week.
- On the final page, you'll be able to choose the following:
- Which class(es) you want to receive the assignment
- Set a start and due date
- Create a name for the assignment
Because Practice is adaptive, the difficulty of questions and length of an assignment automatically adjusts as students work. You will be unable to select the amount of questions students receive.
Expand the drop-down "Choose Students" to view student names. You can either assign to the whole class by checking the box next to your class name or select individual student names from the class list.
- When you're finished, select "Assign."
Once you create an assignment, you will be able to add new students that join your class to existing assignments but won't be able to unselect students that have already been assigned.
Ready to assign? Let's create a Practice assignment!