Quizzes are summative assessments that can be used to evaluate student learning.
NoRedInk automatically saves students' progress on Quizzes as students work. Once a student submits an answer, the answer is saved before they see the next question. As long the assignment is not past due or allows late work, they will continue to have access to the assignment on their Home page.
To create a Quiz, follow these steps:
- Head to our Assignment Library by selecting "Browse & Assign" at the top of your screen and then choose "Assessment."
- Press "Quiz".
- Choose a category to browse writing and grammar topics.
You can use the search bar to look for specific topics or filter topics by recommended grade level.
- Select the topics that you want to include in the assignment. Press "Assign Quiz" when you're done.
- You can check the number of topics and associated questions at the bottom of the page. Adjusting the number of questions will adjust the estimated time the assignment will take for students to complete.
We recommend choosing topics within a single skill area (Pathway) to keep your students, and their data focused.
- On the final page, you'll be able to choose the following:
- Which class(es) you want to receive the assignment
- Set a start and due date
- Create a name for the assignment
Expand the drop-down "Choose Students" to view student names. You can either assign to the whole class by checking the box next to your class name or select individual student names from the class list.
- When you're finished, select "Assign."
Once you create an assignment, you will be able to add new students that join your class to existing assignments but won't be able to unselect students that have already been assigned.
Ready to assign? Let's create a Quiz!