Planning Diagnostics are adaptive assessments that gather broad-strokes about your students' strengths and weaknesses. These are used to help you determine what skills you'd like to focus on in your Curriculum.
NoRedInk automatically saves students' progress on Planning Diagnostics as students work. Once a student submits an answer, the answer is saved before they see the next question. As long the assignment is not past due or allows late work, they will continue to have access to the assignment on their Home page.
We recommend assigning a Planning Diagnostic at the beginning of every school year or semester to get a general sense of your students' strengths and weaknesses.
To create a Planning Diagnostic, follow these steps:
- Head to our Assignment Library by selecting "Browse & Assign" at the top of your screen and then choose "Assessment."
- Select the Planning Diagnostic activity.
- On the next screen, you'll be given the following options:
- Browse our collection of pre-made diagnostics aligned to state standards or national tests
- You can create your own by selecting the skill areas you'd like to include in your assignment. You can see how many skills you've included and can adjust the number of questions for each skill set at the bottom of the form.
We recommend choosing between 4-6 skills for your diagnostic.
- Press "Continue." On the final page, you'll be able to choose the following:
- Which class(es) you want to receive the assignment
- Set a start and due date
- Create a name for the assignment
Expand the drop-down "Choose Students" to view student names. You can either assign to the whole class by checking the box next to your class name or select individual student names from the class list.
- When you're finished, select "Assign."
Once you create an assignment, you will be able to add new students that join your class to existing assignments but won't be able to unselect students that have already been assigned.
Ready to assign? Let's create a Planning Diagnostic!