What is the NoRedInk Premium Certified Educator Program?
The NoRedInk Premium Certified Educator Program is designed for teachers who've used NoRedInk Premium previously and are eager to help other teachers on their NoRedInk journey.
Program benefits and details
Premium Teachers who finish the program will receive various benefits for their efforts, including:
- Successfully applying NoRedInk’s instructional best practices in their classrooms to support student learning.
- Receiving a certificate for two hours of professional development with a custom badge to share on social media or add to their email signature.
- Having their teaching practices highlighted by NoRedInk through testimonials, quotes, and webinars.
- Providing insights and expert feedback on upcoming NoRedInk product features prior to release.
- Serving as mentors to fellow educators who are committed to building stronger writers in their own classrooms.
Teachers who begin the program will have eight weeks to complete the steps in the process. The path to certification will include three key steps — train, design, teach.
Train (1 hour)
To become certified, you'll complete self-paced lessons within the Certified Educator Path via the NoRedInk Training page (only available for teachers using Premium). These lessons will review NoRedInk's highest-impact activities and best practices for designing units with a variety of implementation goals in mind.
Design (30 minutes)
Teachers will then design and submit their own unit based on an instructional approach that is aligned with student learning outcomes.
Teach (30 minutes)
Finally, teachers will provide instruction in their classroom, upload relevant screenshots and documents, and reflect on their instruction throughout the unit. We aren’t incorporating instructional time in this estimate, so please plan accordingly.
Once teachers submit their work, a member from NoRedInk’s Implementation Team will review it within four weeks. Once approved, teachers will receive their Certified Educator badge and certificate!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Certified Educator Program available to non-Premium teachers?
No, the current version of the Certified Educator Program is only available to teachers with access to NoRedInk Premium.
How long does the Certified Educator badge last?
Your Certified Educator badge will remain valid for the current school year upon completion of the program. In subsequent years, you’ll be able to maintain your certification through a brief re-certification process. We won’t ask you to repeat the entire Certified Educator Program annually.