Step 1: Sign up for a teacher account
Follow these instructions to learn how to sign up for your account as a teacher.
💡Already have a NoRedInk account? Welcome back! Click here to log in using your NoRedInk username/email and password, Google single sign-on, or Clever single sign-on.
General sign up instructions
Sign up for new account
1. Go to https://www.noredink.com/signup
2. Click “I’m a teacher.”
3. Sign up using the “Sign up with Google option” to enable Google single sign-on or fill out the form below to create a NoRedInk login using an email and password.
4. Click “Sign up for a teacher account.”
Select your school
When you get to the welcome screen below, select one of the options provided. If you accidentally select something by accident, click the "edit" button that appears to go back a step.
Complete the steps that follow by entering information about your school or company. Teachers in a K-12 school in the US will be able to search for their school by name, ZIP, or city using the search field provided. If you do not see your school listed, click "My school isn't coming up" to manually enter the information.
Sign up with Clever
If your Premium school or district uses Clever to access classroom apps, follow the instructions in this article to learn how to either set up a brand new NoRedInk account that is connected with Clever or how to connect your existing NoRedInk with Clever.
Step 2: Create your classes
When you log in to your NoRedInk account for the first time, you’ll be prompted to create at least one class. To add more classes, follow the steps below.
Create a new class
1. Click on your name in the top right corner.
2. Click “Manage Classes.”
3. Click the “Add Class” button and fill out the form that appears with the class name and grade level.
Note: Grade levels are simply for administrative purposes. It will not affect the level of content students see.
If your Premium school or district uses Clever and all your classes are synced, there’s no need to create your classes in NoRedInk. These classes will automatically sync with your courses in Clever. Read more about using NoRedInk with Clever here.
You can edit your class names in NoRedInk in your “Manage Classes” page (click on the gear icon or navigate to this page by click on your name in the top right corner). Name changes made in NoRedInk to Clever Secure Sync classes will not be reflected in Clever or your SIS.
Step 3: Add students
In order to access their assignments, students will need to join your NoRedInk class. You can invite students to join your NoRedInk class by sharing your class invite link or class code, or you can manually add students to your NoRedInk classes. When adding students manually, you'll need to share each of their usernames and passwords with them so that they can log in.
Watch this video to help you decide how you'll add students to your class. Then, expand one of the options below to find step-by-step instructions.
Invite students to join your class (recommended)
Option 1. Share your class invite link
An invite link is a URL that is pre-populated with your class code for quick student access. When students sign into or sign up for NoRedInk via your class invite link, their account will be automatically enrolled in your class (so there's no need for students to add the class code again). The link will look something like: https://www.noredink.com/join/class-code-5.
Here's how you can find your invite link:
- From the "Details" tab, click on the “copy invite link” button to copy the link to your clipboard. Alternatively, you can click on the "Students" tab and click the button to "Add Students" to see the invite link option.
Option 2. Share your class code
Alternatively, you can simply share the unique class code alone. Students will be able to enter the class code while they're signing up for a new NoRedInk student account, or from their homepage if they already have an existing NoRedInk account.
Here's how you can find your class code:
💡Share your invite link in a letter to students
To help you share instructions with your students and their families, we’ve created a sample invitation letter where you can include your class invite link. You'll want to make sure each of your classes have access to their correct NoRedInk invite link or class code.Click here to download a PDF of the letter. For each class, replace the example invite link with your own. Be sure to download the PDF and save your changes before sharing with students!
Add students manually
Inputting students names on your "Manage Classes" page creates a brand new NoRedInk account for each student you add. We only recommend adding students manually if students cannot sign up for NoRedInk on their own and if they do not already have a NoRedInk account.
Students won't need a separate class code since they'll be added directly to your class, but you will need to share each student's username and passwords with them so that they know how to log in.
How to manually add students
Share student usernames and default passwords
Be sure to let students know their usernames and passwords. By default, the password will be 1234567 but students can change this later.
If your school uses Clever, your classes in NoRedInk will automatically sync with your class roster. Therefore, you won't see an option to add students.
Students will join your class automatically after they log in to NoRedInk via Clever and/or they link their accounts with Clever. Learn more here.
Step 4: Activate Premium content
Not seeing Premium activated right away? Enter your school's 20-21 Premium code in your Account Settings to activate your license or contact our Support team for assistance (be sure to include your Premium school and district name).
As long as the NoRedInk account you are using is associated with your Premium school, you should automatically have access to Premium content at the start of the school year.
- If your school purchased a site license, you are all set! You'll see that each class has access to Premium content indicated by the yellow flags on your Dashboard.
- If your school purchased a non-site license and you did not select your Premium classes during sign-up, you will see grey or inactive Premium flags on your Dashboard as well as a banner prompting you to select classes for Premium activation. Expand the section below for more information on what to do next.
How to select classes with Premium access (for non-site licenses only)
Selecting Premium classes from your Dashboard
If you're seeing the banner below on your Dashboard, it means that Premium has been activated in your account, but you'll need to complete an extra step to activate Premium access for each class.
1. From your Dashboard, click on the link in the banner to start selecting the classes that should be Premium.
2. In the modal that appears, select each class that should have access to Premium content.
If you're not sure which classes should be Premium, make sure to check with your administrator first. You can always activate Premium for the right classes later from the Dashboard banner or from your Manage Classes page.
Selecting Premium classes from your Manage Classes page
Below are instructions for an alternative way to activate Premium for each class from your Manage Classes page.
- Navigate to your Manage Classes page.
- For each class that should have access to Premium content, click "Activate Premium" while in the Details tab.
Tips for helping students set up their NoRedInk accounts
- If you're getting started on NoRedInk during distance learning, the easiest way to add students to your class will be to use the invite links. You can use the sample invite letter to share instructions and your class invite link with students and parents at home.
- Have students sign up or connect their accounts with Google (for Google SSO). Linking a Google account allows students to sign in to NoRedInk quickly. Students that are being invited via class code or invite link can "sign up with Google" or, if students already have a NoRedInk account, they can link their existing account with Google.
- Share our Parent Guide to NoRedInk with parents and guardians of students in your class.
- Share our Getting Started Guide for Students so students know how to set up their accounts and join your class.