Why we archive
Each summer, your classes will automatically be archived to get your account ready for the new school year. This ensures that you don't have a cluttered dashboard and that your experience using the site runs smoothly. Your data is not deleted, and you can always unarchive your classes at any time.
We typically archive classes on the last Saturday of July each year, but we will always announce the exact date in this article, in an email announcement, and on your NoRedInk dashboard.
Summer 2018 schedule
In 2018, your classes will automatically be archived on July 28th, 2018 unless you opt out for all or some of your classes. Opting out of automatic archiving means that your classes will stay live, just as you see them now. Opting out of automatic archive does not cause any of your data to be deleted.
For those teaching over the summer or getting a head start for the new school year, we won't archive your course if it was created after June 21st, 2018.
How can I opt out of automatic archiving?
- To opt out of automatic archiving for all of your classes, refer to the alert on your NoRedInk homepage. The alert will show your automatic archive date, and your classes will be labeled with the automatic archive date as a reminder.
- If you prefer to opt out for only some of your classes, click your name in the upper-right of the page, then click "Manage Classes." Opting out of automatic archiving means that your classes will stay live, just as you see them now. Opting out of automatic archive does not cause any of your data to be deleted.
- Select the class you would like to prevent from being automatically archived, then uncheck the box for automatic archiving.
How can I unarchive a class after it's been archived?
- Click your name in the upper-right of the page, then click "Manage Classes."
- Click "View archive."
- To unarchive your course, select "Unarchive class."