Archiving assignments in NoRedInk effectively removes an assignment and the data associated with it. If you change your mind later, you can always unarchive the assignment! This article will show you how to find and use the "Archive and hide from gradebook" option.
- First, go to your Assignments page.
- Then, click the ellipsis button to the right of the assignment title.
- Select "Archive and hide from gradebook" in the dropdown menu.
This will hide the assignment and assignment results from your account and your students' accounts.
Things to Remember:
- If you created an assignment and applied it to multiple classes, you'll need to archive the assignment for each class in which you no longer want it to appear.
- Archiving will remove the assignment from your students' dashboards. This will remove records from your account and students' accounts, including your gradebook and your students' "Past Work" pages.
- You can always "unarchive" if you change your mind. To view your archived assignments, click on the drop-down tab, "Archived". From here, you can unarchive any assignments you'd like:
💡Other helpful tips:
- If you'd like to keep the assignment's data and just make it so the assignment is no longer accepting student work, you can edit the assignment to either change the due date and/or stop accepting late work. Learn more here.
- Currently there is no way to remove topics or the number of questions on an existing assignment. We recommend making a copy of the existing assignment, making the adjustments, and then archiving the original using the instructions above.