Follow these steps to make sure that your students have access to the right assignments.
1. Make sure students that have recently joined your class have been added to the assignments
2. Make sure students have finished selecting their NoRedInk Interests
Not seeing a new student's name listed when you create a new assignment?
If you added a new students to your class manually, their name won't be listed on the assignment creation form until they log in and finish selecting their interests. This is because NoRedInk's engine needs to know students' selected interests before it can generate custom questions for them. Read more about NoRedInk Interests here.
For now, if you
3. Have your student log into their NoRedInk account and look for the assignments there
- Make sure your student is signing into the correct NoRedInk account that joined your class
- If the account is correct, see if the assignment appears under Your Assignments or Late Assignments on your student's homepage. If it does not, you may want to double check the assignment's settings in your account (see step 4).
- Check the student's Results page as the student may have forgotten that they already completed the assignment. You can also view the student's Results page in your own account by following these instructions.
4. Check your assignment settings and make adjustments
If students are reporting not being able to see their assignments, double check your assignment settings. To get here, find your assignment on your Assignment Page and click on the edit (pencil) icon next to the assignment name.
In your assignment settings, you should check for 3 things:
- Check that the correct students' names are checked off under "Assign to". Add a checkmark to any student names that are missed but should have access to the assignment.
- Check your start date and start time, as well as the due date and due time. You can make adjustments as needed. See the instructions here.
Students will only see assignments that are in progress on their homepage, with the exception of late assignments that show up under this section on their home page.
- If an assignment is past due but you would still like students to have access to it, make sure the "Allow late work" box is checked off.
Still need help? Feel free to contact our Support team!