In general, our browser support policy is guided by a desire to effectively use developer time to reach as much of the education market as possible with the best product possible. Newer browsers allow greater-impact software to be created in less time. This means that we are likely to support common devices and unlikely to support devices that require significant extra development time or that lack modern functionality.
We regularly survey the devices and browsers used by students and teachers to add and remove software from the below list as appropriate.
Fully Supported Browsers
- Google Chrome (on Windows, Mac, Chromebook, iPad, and Dell Venue)*
- Apple Safari (on Mac OS X and on iPad)*
- Mozilla Firefox*
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 11
- Microsoft Edge version 40+
Currently Unsupported Browsers
You may be able to successfully use NoRedInk with some of the products below, but we are not currently working to ensure compatibility. We may support some or all these devices in the future.
- Windows Phone
- Other uncommon mobile devices
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 10 or earlier
*Asterisk indicates a browser which is only supported in its latest version.