This article provides information about Unit Diagnostic and Quiz assignment results. You'll also find information about how to interpret growth data displayed when comparing Unit Diagnostic results with the results of a connected Growth Quiz.
Using the Unit Diagnostic and Quiz results page
In the Class Performance tab of the quiz or unit diagnostic results, you’ll see your students grouped in proficiency bands according to their performance on each topic. You can customize your view of the assignment's results:
- Use the “Scoring” filter to change the way results are displayed depending on how you’d like unfinished tests or questions to be scored.
- Use the “Display” menu to filter results for a selected topic.
- Select “Hide student names” to hide the names of your students. This is a great option when sharing performance metrics and setting growth goals with your class.
- Select the “Compare to” option when available to compare results to a connected Unit Diagnostic or Growth Quiz (more on this below).
How to view individual student results
From the Class Performance tab, you can click on a student’s name to view their individual performance on the topics tested.
- You'll see the student's overall score, the amount of time the student spent on the diagnostic, and a performance breakdown for each topic. If a student has not completed the diagnostic, it will be noted in the individual results.
- Students who have not yet started the assignment will also be indicated with a gray box by their name instead of a score.
In the Item Analysis tab, you'll be able to review students' answers for each question in the diagnostic.
- For any student, you can click on a result icon to see details about how the student answered the question.
- You’ll also see if a student answered the question correctly in remediation, and how many attempts the student needed. Click here to learn more about the optional remediation exercise that follows a Quiz or Unit Diagnostic.
Select the “Compare to” checkbox to compare the results of a Unit Diagnostic with a connected Growth Quiz. The drop-down menu on the right will show you all the available Growth Quizzes you can compare it to.
- Students will be grouped in proficiency bands according to their performance on the Growth Quiz.
- The color on the left of a student’s name represents performance on the initial assessment. The color on the right represents performance on the final assessment. The number on the right represents the growth or decline in percentage score between the two assessments.
- Clicking the name of a student will provide detailed information about that student’s performance on the two assessments.
Steps of NoRedInk's built-in unit cycle
Unlike regular quizzes that are independent summative assessments, Growth Quizzes are connected to an original Unit Diagnostic (assigned from within a unit cycle) or previous Quiz.
Growth Quizzes will ask the same number of questions on the same topics as in the Unit Diagnostic or Quiz, but use new questions. You will be able to compare results to see students’ progress and growth at a glance. Results can only be compared with assignments that the Growth Quiz is connected to.
Click here for instructions on how to build a unit for skills practice and mastery by connecting Unit Diagnostic, skills Practice, and Growth Quizzes.