To move a student from one class to another, follow these steps:
- Click "Manage classes" on the left side of your Home page.
- Select the appropriate class on the left.
- Pick the "Students" tab.
- Click the small arrow to the right of each student name.
- Select the option to remove the student from the class.
- Once the student has been removed from the original class, give him the class code for the new class and instruct him to enter the code on his home page. The student now will have officially enrolled in a new class!
The one drawback is that when a student transfers between classes, scores from assignments, quizzes, and diagnostics do not transfer. That said, student mastery scores (all the data stored on the student "Practice" page) and interests do transfer. When a new student enters your class, his or her mastery data will automatically populate on your teacher "Progress" page.