To move a student from one class to another, follow these steps:
- Click "Manage classes" on the left side of your Home page.
- Select the appropriate class on the left.
- Pick the "Students" tab.
- Click the small arrow to the right of each student name.
- Select the option to remove the student from the class.
- Once the student has been removed from the original class, have the student log in to NoRedInk.com.
- Give the student the class code for the new class and instruct him to enter the code on his home page. (Click here for other ways to add the student to the new class.) The student now will have officially enrolled in a new class! Click here for help finding the class code.
Note that when a student transfers between classes, scores from assignments, quizzes, and diagnostics do not transfer. That said, student mastery scores (all the data stored on the student "Practice" page) and interests do transfer, because they are store in the student's own account. When a new student enters your class, his or her mastery data will automatically populate on the mastery tab of your "Student Data" page.