Whether you are a parent, homeschool teacher, tutor, or otherwise work with a learner that would benefit from NoRedInk’s writing and grammar activities, this article will show you how you can start using NoRedInk today for free. We'll also go over some tips and tricks to help you get the most out of what NoRedInk has to offer.
💡 Is your child's teacher already using NoRedInk in the classroom? Read our Parent Guide to learn how you can support your child while using NoRedInk at home.
Have your student sign up for free
Students don’t need to join a NoRedInk class in order to practice writing and grammar skills using NoRedInk.
Learn more about how students can practice on their own!
Sign up for your own free teacher account
For a more instructional approach, create your own Teacher NoRedInk account and have your student join your class. You’ll be able to select specific topics and choose from different activities to create assignments for your student. As a Teacher, you can use performance data to help you make informed decisions as you track your student’s progress in assignments.
Quick Start Tips
We've compiled a list of some great resources to help you get started using NoRedInk.
1. Resources to help your students set up their NoRedInk accounts
- You can share our Getting Started Guide for Students so your students know how to set up their accounts and join your class.
- If you're tutoring, you can share our Parent Guide to NoRedInk with parents and guardians of your students.
2. Pre-made NoRedInk Planning Diagnostics
We recommend assigning a Planning Diagnostic at the beginning of every school year or semester to get a general sense of your students' strengths and weaknesses. This will help you determine what skills you’d like to focus on in your curriculum.
- Click here to find our library of pre-made Planning Diagnostics that you can start using today.
2. Tools and resources for unit planning
Some sample plans mentioned in articles include only free content. Other plans may include both free and Premium content, but can be adapted to use free content. See articles for more details.
3. NoRedInk Writing activity resources
The writing resources below are available for all users. Some features, including the full suite of essay types are available in Premium.
- Assign pre-made Quick Writes and Guided Drafts writing prompts from the Assignment Library.
- What pre-writing materials can I use to prepare my students for a Guided Draft?