There are two ways you can go about setting your child up for free, whether you are a parent, tutor, or otherwise work with a student who could benefit from NoRedInk:
- Option 1: The student you work with should create a student account at NoRedInk.com without a teacher or class code. He or she would then have the ability to access practice exercises independently using the "Learn" page.
- This option would be ideal for you if you want to ensure that the student has meaningful work to do independently, without having to create an additional account for yourself.
- Option 2: You can set up a teacher account for yourself, create a class, and give the class code to the student you work with.
- This option works best if you want to be able to create customized assignments for the student and follow up on his or her progress from your account.
- When you sign up, you can choose "I'm a home school teacher or parent."
- By using a teacher account, you can assign topics to the child in a variety of different assignment formats, and you can track his or her progress.
- If this option would work best for you, check out our Getting Started resources for more help.
- Option 3: If you are working with a teacher who has a class already, you may want to talk to the teacher about setting you up as a co-teacher. This option works if you are in a school-based role and the student has a general education teacher who already uses NoRedInk.
Was this article helpful?