In order to access their assignments, students will need to join your NoRedInk class. You can invite students to join your NoRedInk class by sharing your class invite link or class code, or you can manually add students to your NoRedInk classes. When adding students manually, you'll need to share each of their usernames and passwords with them so that they can log in.
Watch this video to help you decide how you'll add students to your class. Then, keep reading to find step-by-step instructions.
If your course is synced with Clever rostering, you won't need to add students to your class in NoRedInk. Read this article to learn how to get students added to Clever-synced classes.
Option 1. Invite students to join your class
Share your class invite link
An invite link is a URL that is pre-populated with your class code for quick student access. When students sign into or sign up for NoRedInk via your class invite link, their account will be automatically enrolled in your class (there's no need for students to add the class code again). The link will look something like: https://www.noredink.com/join/class-code-5
Find your invite link
OR share your class code
Alternatively, you can also just share the unique class code itself with students. Students can then enter the class code while they're signing up for a new NoRedInk student account, or from their homepage if they already have an existing NoRedInk account.
Find your class code
💡Share your invite link in a letter to students
To help you share instructions with your students and their families, we’ve created a sample invitation letter where you can include your class invite link. You'll want to make sure each of your classes have access to their correct NoRedInk invite link or class code. Don’t forget to paste in your own invite link!Click here to download a PDF of the letter. For each class, replace the example invite link with your own. Be sure to download the PDF and save your changes before sharing with students!
Option 2. Add students manually
Inputting students names on your "Manage Classes" page creates a brand new NoRedInk account for each student you add. We only recommend adding students manually if students cannot sign up for NoRedInk on their own and if they do not already have a NoRedInk account.
Students won't need a separate class code since they'll be added directly to your class, but you will need to share each student's username and passwords with them so that they know how to log in.
How to manually add students
Share student usernames and default passwords
Be sure to let students know their usernames and passwords. By default, the password will be 1234567 but students can change this later.
- Use the option to print out login cards to easily distribute usernames
- Students can change their default passwords to a new password once they've logged in.
Tips for managing your roster in NoRedInk
Use the "Students" tab in your "Manage Classes" page to help you troubleshoot and manage your roster.
Use this page to do the following:
- Make sure everyone is accounted for. Each name listed represents a student account that is enrolled in your NoRedInk class. Students should log in to the same NoRedInk account throughout the school year to make sure their progress stays in one account.
- If you notice a student's name is listed twice, this means an extra account has been added for the student. Read this to learn how to remove extra student accounts.
- Use the "Actions" to edit a student's information (name, username), reset a student's password, or remove a student from your class.
- If students forget how to log in to their account, use this page to help them remember their correct login information. Learn more here.
Read these articles to make sure the right assignments are available for new students: