Co-teaching in NoRedInk allows you to grant another teacher access to your classes. To join a class, the co-teacher will first need to create a teacher account in NoRedInk.
When you add a co-teacher to your account, you're giving him or her full control over your students and assignments for all of your classes. Your co-teacher will have the same access you have for all of your classes, so we recommend that you check verbally with your co-teacher prior to granting privileges.
💡 If you are a co-teacher who has not yet created a teacher account in NoRedInk, you can view these sign-up instructions.
As a primary teacher
How to add a co-teacher to your account
1. Make sure that both teachers have NoRedInk teacher accounts already set up.
2. In the upper-right, locate your name and click " Account Settings."
4. Click the blue "Link a co-teacher account" button.
5. Type in the email address associated with the co-teacher's account on NoRedInk. This will link the accounts and send an email notification to the co-teacher.
How to remove a co-teacher
- In the upper-right, click your name, then click "Account Settings."
- Locate the co-teacher's email address and click the "Remove" button.
As a co-teacher
Signing up for a teacher account
To join a class as a co-teacher, you'll first need to sign up for a teacher account by clicking here. If you already have a teacher account, you can skip this step!
During the signup process, you'll be asked to select your school and create a class. If you only don't have any classes of your own, we recommend creating a "test" class in order to complete signup, after which you can archive the class.
Accessing classes as a co-teacher
After being added as a co-teacher in the primary teacher's account, you will receive an email confirmation.
While logged in to your NoRedInk teacher account, click your name in the top right corner and select “Switch to co-teaching.”
Next, you'll see a pop-up window asking you to select the name of the teacher whose account you'd like to switch to. Click "Take me to my co-teacher's account" when you're ready.
Once you have signed into the main teacher's account as a co-teacher, you will be able to modify any data and assignments in the main teacher's account, so be careful not to make any changes without discussing with the main teacher.
When you're ready to go back to your own account, click your co-teacher's name in the top-right corner, then click the “Back to my Account” button.