How co-teaching works
You can add co-teachers to your account as long as your co-teacher(s) have already set up their own NoRedInk teacher account(s). Note that when you add a co-teacher to your account, you're giving him or her full control over your students and assignments for all of your classes. Your co-teacher will have the same access you have for all of your classes, so we recommend that you check verbally with your co-teacher prior to granting privileges.
To add a co-teacher
- Make sure that both teachers have NoRedInk teacher accounts already set up.
- Log in to the teacher’s account that already contains classes. For the purposes of co-teaching, this teacher should be considered the main teacher and should be the person who is primarily responsible for creating assignments and maintaining student data.
- In the upper-right, locate the main teacher's name and click "Settings."
- Click the blue "Link a Co-Teacher Account" button.
- Type in the email address associated with the co-teacher's account on NoRedInk. This will link the accounts and send an email notification to the co-teacher.
If you have been added as a co-teacher
- You will receive an email notifying you that you have been added as a co-teacher.
- Log into your account, click your name in the top right corner, and select “Co-Teach.”
- In the dropdown labeled "Co-Teacher," select the name of the teacher who sent the invitation, and click the button labeled "Take me to my co-teacher's account." Once you have signed into the main teacher's account as a co-teacher, you will be able to modify any data and assignments in the main teacher's account, so be careful not to make any changes without discussing with the main teacher.
- When you're ready to go back to your own account, click your name in the top-right of the homepage, and then click the “Back to my Account” button. You will then be logged out of the main teacher’s account and back into your own account.
To remove a co-teacher
- In the upper-right, click your name, then click "Settings."
- Locate the co-teacher's email address and click the "Remove" button.