You can create a Unit to link Assignments in order to gain a comprehensive look at how your students are progressing on a set of Topics. Assignments within a Unit automatically include Topics from the Unit Diagnostic and show student Mastery levels right on the screen. You can set up an entire Unit of assignments all at once after your Unit Diagnostic.
The components of a single Unit
- Unit Diagnostic
- Practice Assignments
- Growth Quizzes
How to set up a Unit
- Assign a Unit Diagnostic. If you aren't sure which Topics to include in your Unit Diagnostic, you might consider a Planning Diagnostic first. If you haven't assigned a Planning Diagnostic, we recommend reviewing this information: What is the difference between a Unit Diagnostic and a Planning Diagnostic?
- Click the "Create unit" button next to your Unit Diagnostic. This will allow you to create assignments directly from the results of your Unit Diagnostic.
- Choose a Practice or Growth Quiz Assignment. The new Assignment will be set by default to begin after the due date of the previous Assignment in the Unit, but you can change the start and due dates to your liking.
- Assign Practice or a Growth Quiz to students based on their Mastery levels as determined by the Unit Diagnostic. Click "Mastery" to sort by Mastery level for easy assignment! Click the checkbox next to the names of the students to whom you wish to assign the Practice or Growth Quiz.
- Remove Topics assigned if desired. If all of your students are doing well on a topic, remove it by clicking the blue X next to the name of the Topic.
- As you create Assignments within the Unit, Assignments will be visually grouped and linked. The entire Unit will show as "In Progress" until all Assignments in the Unit are complete.