NoRedInk's assignment form allows you to quickly target assignments to the students who would most benefit from additional practice.
How do I view student levels when creating an assignment?
- From the Assignment Library, choose which type of assignment you'd like to create. If you're creating a differentiated unit, click the "Create unit" button next to your Unit Diagnostic. This will allow you to create assignments directly from the results of your Unit Diagnostic.
- Select the topics you'd like to assign.
- When you arrive at the "Assign" step, expand your class list(s) by clicking the small blue arrow to the right of the class name(s).
- If you'd like, you can click the word "Mastery" or "Performance" at the top of the list to sort based on Mastery or Performance level.
- Use the color-coded Mastery and Performance levels to select the students who should be assigned.
What are the Mastery/Performance levels based on?
|Assignment Type||Mastery/Performance Data From|
|Practice, Quiz, or Unit Diagnostic||The student's overall Mastery data|
|Growth Quiz or Practice assignment created as part of a Unit||Comparison to the student's performance on the original Quiz or Unit Diagnostic on which the Growth Quiz or assignment is based|
Practice, Quiz, or Unit Diagnostic
When you create a Practice, a Quiz, or a Unit Diagnostic, you'll see students' Mastery data. The Mastery levels are "Beginning," "Midway," "Approaching," and "Mastered."
Growth Quiz or Practice assignment created as part of a Unit
When you create a Growth Quiz or assignment created as part of a Unit, you'll see the students' performance on the original Quiz or original Unit Diagnostic on which your Growth Quiz or Practice is based. The Performance levels are "Below Basic," "Basic," "Proficient," and "Advanced."