If you find that a student has joined your class with more than one account, you will likely want to remove one of the accounts. To determine which account to remove:
- Click your name in the upper-right of the page, then click "Manage Classes."
- For each of the duplicate student accounts, make a note of the username the student uses to log in.
- Click the student names one at a time to determine which work is associated with which username. When you click a name, you'll see that account's results and scores.
- Based on the completed work in each account, remove one of the accounts from your class by clicking "Actions," then "Remove from class." Note that this only removes the account from your class. It does not delete the account from NoRedInk. This means that the student could re-join your class again with the extra account.
- Communicate to the student which username they should be using to log in when working in NoRedInk. Keep in mind that sometimes students stay logged in at home and at school, so they may need to log out entirely and then log back in to the correct account.
- If the student is not using the additional account for anything else on NoRedInk, contact us with the student's name and username, and we can remove the account from NoRedInk entirely.
Note: If you accidentally remove the wrong account, the student can re-join your class without losing any progress by re-entering your class code. How do I add students to my classes?