How to assign students to new assignments
As long as new students have already joined or been added to your class, you will see their names listed when you go to create a new assignment.
Expand the drop-down “Choose Students” to view student names. You can either assign to the whole class by checking the box next to your class name, or select individual student names from the class list.
How to assign students to existing assignments
When a student joins your class late, you’ll be emailed and you’ll see a banner notification appear reminding you to check on any existing/past due assignments that the student(s) may need to be added to.
Note: You'll only get these notifications if your class has assignments that are past due.
- The assignment you want them to complete is already past due.
- The assignment you want them to complete was not originally assigned to the whole class.
Manually add new students to assignments
Articles in this section
- Browse and create assignments from the Assignment Library
- What is the difference between Diagnostics, Practice, and Quizzes?
- Assign students to new and existing assignments
- Locating assignment answer keys
- How do I make sure students can see the assignments I've created?
- Navigating the "My Assignments" page
- Archiving an assignment and its scores (deleting assignments)
- Editing an assignment’s start and due date
- Assigning work to specific students or your whole class
- Differentiating based on student mastery or performance