How does mastery work for students?
- Students have an unlimited number of chances to get to full mastery of a topic. Our Practice engine dynamically adjusts the difficulty of questions based on students' answers, and students receive targeted lessons when they get a question wrong.
- As students practice, they see exactly how many questions they need to answer correctly to master a topic.
- Students do not lose points when they get questions wrong. Instead, students enter a temporary "frozen" state. In this state, students will be given extra practice questions to ensure that they fully understand the skill before moving on. After answering three more questions correctly in a row, students will be able to return to Practice as normal.
- Students progress through proficiency levels: Starting Off, Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, and Mastery. At the end of the assignment, students receive an overall numerical score on the assignment.
How do teachers see students' mastery levels?
- On the teacher end, you have access to students' overall score for any Practice assignment or learning pathway. For more directions on how to view mastery, see our article titled How do I interpret the "Mastery" tab of my "Student Data" page?
What does the Practice experience look like for students?
For a sample of what students see during practice assignments, see this article: What do students see during Practice assignments?
Was this article helpful?